Protecting the Rights of Our Elders
Elder law is an ever-expanding and relatively new area of the law. It encompasses a wide variety of issues, each of which comes with its own set of challenges.
At the law firm of Travis & Herbert, our lawyers bring decades of experience to every senior citizen and elder law case. Our experience has been put to use helping seniors and their families in Louisville and throughout Kentucky. We can help you as well.
Handling Every Aspect of Elder Law
Some of the common areas of elder law that our attorneys can handle include:
- Estate planning: Wills, trusts, living wills and trusts, powers of attorney, guardianships and conservatorships
- Nursing home planning: Picking nursing homes, financial planning for long-term care homes, long-term care insurance issues and more
- Social Security issues: Obtaining and keeping your Social Security, SSI and disability benefits
- Medicare planning: Obtaining Medicare benefits, asset spend downs and other issues pertaining to Medicare
- Elder abuse: Physical abuse in nursing homes (including neglect, medication errors, assault, bed sores and falls), financial fraud of the elderly and more
Personalized Care in Every Elder Law Case
What makes elder law so unique is how issues that may seem separate tend to blend together. For example, estate planning often involves examining future needs for Medicare and Social Security as well as long-term care and nursing home planning. One of the important features offered by our law firm is personal attention. When you come to us, we take the time to really understand your unique situation, learning about your individual needs and goals, and then finding solutions that meet them.
We want to provide meaningful results. We are committed to getting those results in the most cost-effective and timely manner possible.
Free Consultation - Your East End Elder Law Solution
To discuss elder law with an experienced attorney at Travis & Herbert, please call us at 502-245-7474 or contact us online.